Solid Member Benefits
Membership in GAU has many benefits, including discounts on services and products, legal representation, and much more! Join today to contribute to your university and connect with a welcoming graduate community of peers.
All GAU members receive the following benefits:
You will also receive a Solid Member card, which offers local discounts. Don't have a card yet? Stop by our office to pick yours up today!
GAU members are also eligible to apply for the Hardship Fund, which annually provides at last three awards of up to $500 (in VISA giftcards) to GAs who experience a financial hardship.
Members are also eligible for national discounts through our partner unions, including the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and National Education Association (NEA).
American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Benefits
Registering to access AFT Members Only Benefits
1) Go to the AFT web site: https://members.aft.org/members/login
2) If you know your AFT Member ID (On your AFT Membership Card), click on “Create an AFT Account” and complete the form. Go on to step 7.
3) If you don’t know your member ID click on “What’s My Member Number” and fill in your Local Union Number and Last Name.
4) The system will present you with possible matches. If you see your email on the list, click on it and the system will send your Member ID.
5) If you do not see your email address on the list, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and request your member ID OR complete this online form https://leadernet.aft.org/webform/aftmembers-only-discounts
6) Go back to the Registration to create your account (back to step 2). We recommend using your personal email to register.
7) After registering, Login on the main page: https://members.aft.org/members/login
Florida Education Association (FEA) Benefits
After becoming a UF-GAU member, you should have received an FEA membership card in the mail. Contact our local union office at 1-850-224-8220 or email if you did not receive a card or do not know your membership number.
To browse benefits through the website login at www.feaweb.org
Login with your membership number and password. It’s the 10-digit number located on the front of your FEA membership card and the password you received in the mail.
Contact the local union office if you didn’t get these 1-850-224-8220.
Remember to update your address with them so you can start receiving mail.
Click on the link to go to the ACCESS benefits website and register your account. Bookmark https://fea.accessdevelopment.com
Start receiving amazing discounts on food & dining, entertainment, automotive, travel and so much more!
National Education Association (NEA) Benefits
Register at www.neamb.com
Use your personal email address (NOT ufl.edu)
If you have a problem accessing your membership simply call NEA member benefits 1-800-637-4636 for a quick fix! Sometimes a duplicate record is created if your information doesn’t match exactly with what is on file. It’s easy to call and have a representative fix it.